Backpacking Ngwe Saung Beach Myanmar
Located just 5 hours away from the city of Yangon with no traffic and an airport in the works, white powdery sand and crystal clear water of the Indian Ocean. It is the ideal place for those seeking luxury in a romantic hideaway. Ngwe Saung Palm-fringed beach stretches out about 16 km long. If you’re looking for a low-cost and beautiful beach you should definitely visit.
Ngwe Saung Beach has emerged as a hip destination for Yangon’s new rich. These days the northern end of the beach is occupied by a succession of upscale resorts.
In the southern end there is only one place offering budget bungalows/dorms in the area and that is Lover View Hotel.
Ngwe Saung Village has also a decent crop of increasing restaurants.
Below are some of the activities I enjoyed doing during my 2 weeks stay at the beach;
- Sunset on the beach
- The Beautiful white sandy beach in Ngwe Saung stretching 16km long
- Lover Island Snorkeling
- Water sports, banana boat, jet ski, wake boarding
- Cocktails and a sea view from Lover View Hotel Bungalows
- People and animals watching on the Beach
- Twin Brother Sister Pagoda Sunset
- Riding Quad bikes on the beach
- Horse Back riding
- Playing Football against the locals
- Cliff Jumping in Thazin Beach and snake Isalnd in the far top right hand corner is 30 mins away on scooter from Ngwe Saung.
- Thazin Beach three Pagodas
- The must see village of Chaungtha 1 hour away on scooter with many boat river crossings
- Once a year water festival in April 2018
There are daily/night buses leaving from Yangon directly to Ngwe Saung Beach and they drop you off at your resort.